October 23, 2015

Fabulous Fall Shaker Card & Thanksgiving Gift Boxes

I have two projects this week, Ewe-N-Me Printables has so many wonderful fall printables that I have a hard time deciding on which ones to work with and this week I came up with 2 different files and projects.

First up is a Fall shaker card that I made using this darling Fall Pockets file. There are 5 different bottle cap images, you get 6 of each image. These cut out very easily with a 1" circle punch.



After printing and cutting out my bottle caps I inked the edges.


I used a sheet of Kraft paper for the card base. I put two leaf stamps on the same stamping block and used red and green inks on them. I stamped the background, including the piece that I used for the shaker element. I laid that piece directly onto the Kraft paper and stamped them both at the same time.

The, "Fabulous Fall" sentiment is a Cricut cut and I used Cricut's Fancy Frames cartridge to cut the shaker layers. I cut 6 layers using empty cereal boxes and glued them together to form the frame for the card. I also cut a piece of clear acetate for the window and another piece of cereal box for the base of the shaker element.

After assembling the shaker element and letting the layers dry thoroughly (overnight) I added the bottle cap images and some sequins before adhering the clear acetate and top frame.

For a finishing touch I added a piece of green twine to the fold.

Then I got to work using the Small Farmhouse Labels - Turkey Labels.

 
 
I am a firm believer that the bigger the mess I make, the more fun I am having. These Thanksgiving Gift Boxes definitely lived up to that. You get 3 each of 3 different sizes and labels for a total of 9 labels, 3 large, 3 medium and 3 small.
 

 
 
I have had these paper Mache boxes for quite a while, looking for the right project to use them.
 
The first step was to give all of the boxes a couple of coats of Gesso, the Gesso seals the paper Mache making it easier for the paint to cover more evenly. 



After giving all of the boxes a couple coats of Gesso and paint I cut doilies to fit the tops using water color paper then I painted the doilies to mix and match the boxes. After the paint dried I added some twine and glued them to the tops of the boxes. I used the large label on the large box, medium on the medium box and small on the small box. I inked the edges of the labels then layered them onto pieces of black card stock and adhered them to the tops of the boxes with foam tape.



I also painted some wooden buttons, added twine and adhered them below the labels.


 
 
I also added a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the boxes.


 
These would make great Hostess Gift Boxes for Thanksgiving or to put Thanksgiving type munchies into before gifting them to a friend.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look.

www.suek86401.blogspot.com

No comments: