September 24, 2014

Magnetic Bookmark Made From Tags

Hello... Today, I'm showing you a cute little tutorial on how to make a magnetic bookmark.

I printed the file, Hang Tags - Sunflowers on white card stock, trimmed two the tags and inked the edges with a coffee colored ink pad.

After that I cut a piece of brown cardstock 2 inches wide by 9 inches long. I folded the cardstock in half lengthwise, then I glued the tags to the brown cardstock. Place them so the top of the tag is near the fold and try to line them up the same on both sides.



The next step was adding the magnets. I attached two small magnet pieces together, making sure they attached to each other. Then, I glued them both to the inside of the open end of the folded cardstock. I left them attached while gluing so the would line up correctly. Gluing one side and then the other.



Once the glue was dry, I added eyelets to each side of the tag where the printed eyelet was... it was a bit tricky to make sure they were lined up, but I used bigger sized eyelets and it helped to cover up the flaws. After that, I threaded some ribbon thru the eyelets.


The bookmark is now ready to use, simply place it over the top of a few pages and let the magnets grab on. You can turn your book upside down and it won't fall out.


Thanks for joining us today!
Deena Davis
www.ewenmeprintables.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a neat idea!
Kim

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

WOW!! Very creative, excellent bookmark.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is a awesome idea