April 3, 2015

Gift box with matching card

I love chickens so when I saw this printable I just had to have it, one of these days I would like to have a few chickens of my own. Link to printable

 
You get 7 images on the sheet, 3 of the larger image and 4 of the smaller one. I used two of the bigger images on the box and 1 of the smaller images on the card.
 
 
I made this cute gift box and matching card. The box is cut using my Cricut and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 cartridge. The papers were printed with my Imagine. I used my Cuttlebug Alphabet Dies to cut the, "Hello Spring".
 
 
After cutting the box out I added the checkerboard paper then wrapped a black and white stripped ribbon then topped that ribbon with red ribbon. I added red and black twine at the top and tied it into a bow. I adhered the images using foam pads.
 


 
I used the same papers on the card but added a piece of read to break up the checkerboard paper. Wrapped the same ribbons around the checkerboard and lower part of the red layer, I used foam tape to adhere the layers to the card face with some extra foam tape under the shaker portion. I used clear beads and red sequins to the shaker element. And added a piece of red twine to the folded edge.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look.

Sue
www.suek86401.blogspot.com


 

2 comments:

Cyn said...

oh my goodness! ADORABLE!

Deb said...

Great box and card Sue, love that you made it into a shaker card! Very cute chicken images, love them!