February 11, 2015

Retro Valentines - Cocoa/Treat Envelopes

When I saw these adorable printables it took me back to my childhood in the late 1950's and early 1960's.

 
You get 4 different printable Valentines in each set Click here for Boys.
 

 
 
I didn't want to make them all the same so I pulled out several scraps, trims, papers, bling, etc. and went to work.

 
For the first two cards I used the whole cocoa/treat envelope, I used some Glazed Dimensions to accent some of the silver on the kitten envelope, wrapped a piece of ribbon around the middle of the card and adhered the envelope to the card face.
 
For the little guy, I used a heart cut with my Sizzix Hearts Primitive Die, tied a piece of twine around the fold and added some sequins along the opening side.
 
The envelopes are the perfect size to slip in a treat, gift card or, "love" coupon.
 
 
For the next two cards, I did a fussy cut all the way around the images.

On the bunny card I added some silver Glazed Dimensions around the big hearts, some stickles on her flower, Accent Essentials on the nose and tiny heart on the bow then I added some red glitter to the heart. The layer under the bunny was done by brushing my embossing folder with acrylic paint.
 
 
You add your paint, then lay your paper facedown on the paint and close the folder, press down evenly but do not run through your machine, you just want the paint, no embossing. This process took a few tries to get it to come out right, I had to get the right combination of paint and water (you add a little water to the paint to thin it out just a bit).
 
When I was done I added a piece of alpaca yarn to the fold edge and tied a bow.
 
For the little hunter I inked my Darcie Stripped Background embossing folder with dark blue ink then ran it through my Cuttlebug. The stamp that runs up the open side is a border stamp from Close to My Heart. I also added a ribbon and a button with twine. I added some Accent Essentials to the small heart.
 
 
 
For these two cards I also started with a fussy cut, for the cowboy I used a leftover piece of paper that I had sprayed to add some color to a while back, it started out as white but I turned it blue with a bit of sparkle. I used another border stamp from the same Close to My Heart set on the opening side, a piece of ribbon near the fold and a few sequins. The pink paper the image is adhered to was stamped with a background stamp from My Creative Time.
 
On the little girl I used another border stamp from the same set, twine to the fold and a piece of embossed paper behind her. I also rounded the corners on the girl
 
 
Then moved on to a couple of shaker cards. The little cowgirl is on a piece of leftover paper I had sprayed with my eBrush and one of my own stencils. I added a piece of Washi tape up the side and my shaker. The hearts and cactus are stamped directly on the clear acetate using StazOn ink. I added a few jewels on the rounded corners.
 

For the rocket man I added some heart trim from Queen and Co. I also added some stars and hearts with StazOn ink, directly on the clear acetate.

 
The shaker cards were really hard to get really good pictures of. The shakers I put into both of them was a combination of my negative cuts from making stencils, sequins and tiny beads.
 
Thank you for stopping by to take a look.
 
See you next time.
 
Sue Kracker
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

beth b said...

Sue, these are just so much fun!! Definitely a blast from my past!! Love your work!!