February 13, 2015

Mini Journal and Tag Set

Happy Friday everyone!

We've had another blast of winter here and I'm eagerly awaiting spring. One sure sign that spring is not far off is when I hear the birds chirping in the morning. With that in mind, Deena's tags Antique Nests seemed the perfect project to work on today.

Hang Tags - Antique Nests

I love the soft imagery mixed with the touches of blue. There are three images and you will get two of each on a sheet.

I decided to create a mini journal with a matching tag  -- I used all three images to make three different sets.


I printed the downloadable onto white cardstock and cut out all six images. As you can see, I kept one tag intact, and cut off the top and bottom from the matching one to use on the journal.


I cut out blue paper to size (3-1/4 x 4-1/2 - for the front and back covers) and glued the bird nest image to the front cover. The edges are decorated with scraps of white lace ribbon and trim. I then finished my journal by embellishing it with little pearl beads and a rustic button.


For the tag, I backed it with the same blue paper (not shown), added an eyelet to the top and tied pieces of twine and white string through it. Then I added a matching button and pearls beads.

These antique nests are so sweet -- I can't wait for spring! Don't they make a lovely set? Maybe you know someone who is longing for spring and would enjoy these! 

For more lovely tags, please visit Deena's website here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Beth
prettybyrddesigns.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

This is darling, Beth, wonderful printable, design and accents.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Deb said...

Great idea, love those tags!