October 13, 2014

Halloween Cards using Bookmarks

Today I have some Halloween cards I made using the, "Halloween Bookmarks" Printables file. You get 2 of each bookmark, 4 on a page.


I printed the file onto cream colored cardstock, cut them out and used them as a pattern to cut out chipboard (I used an empty cereal box for chipboard) to add some rigidness to them. I used both copies of the bookmarks putting the chipboard in between them.


I added an eyelet at the top and added a piece of twine to the eyelet. I frayed a piece of burlap and added it to my card base, the cards measure 4 1/2" wide x 7" tall when folded. The burlap measures 3" wide x 7" tall. I adhered the burlap to the card face with double sided tape and the bookmark to the burlap with foam pads.


I also added twine and a button to the folded side and jewels to the opening side. They were fun and easy to make and I'm sure that my snail mail pals are going to love them.

Sue Kracker


4 comments:

beth b said...

Sue, these cards are great!! I love the burlap accents! Well done!!

Cyn said...

i love anything with burlap. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anita said...

So cute Sue, love the burlap.

Deb said...

What a great idea, the burlap adds the perfect fall touch!