August 14, 2014

Sunflower Mini Journals

Nothing says summer more to me than sunflowers. It’s amazing how that little seed ends up as such a gorgeous vibrant tall flower! So, today I’m using Deena’s beautiful HangTags – Prim Sunflowers for my latest project. These tags are on sale this week for only $1.00. There are four different images, and you will get two of each. Each tag measures approximately 2.25" wide x 3.75" high.

I love these little notebooks because they are so convenient to have on hand and so easy to tote around. Today I'm using two of the images for these little books.



I covered the front and back of each notebook with green cardstock. I then glued a strip of ribbon to the front of each notebook, leaving a bit of the black edge showing. It gives a bit of contrast and adds to that rustic look.

I printed the tags and cut out the two I wanted to use. The tags come with distressed edges which is so great! I added just a bit of darker ink so they’d really pop against the green.



I added a little gold panel that’s been hand stamped with “Spread Sunshine” to the bottom of each tag. I punched a hole in the top of the tag and added a matching green brad. Then I glued the tag to the journal!




These little books are so cute and so easy to make! There is a large assortment of wonderful hang tags at Ewe-N-Me Printables and you can check them out here

Right now, thru August 16, they are only $1. Stock up and save!!!





Thanks for visiting today and be sure to stop back soon!

Beth
prettybyrddesigns.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Graciellie Design said...

Beth definetely these are super useful!!! They look so cute. I love the color combination you used. The tags look excellent and fit the front of the notebooks so nicely! Well done!

Deb said...

What a great idea and love those sunflower hang tags!