August 21, 2014

Let's get ready for Autumn

Good morning and Happy Thursday to you.
I decided to bring you a tutorial today. I am going to show you how to make this Autumn sign.


I decided to you the most adorable prim hang tags. 
You can get them by clicking Here


First get out a piece of thin cardboard. I use an old cereal box.
And cut it to the size you want your sign to be.
Mine is about 15in by 12 in. psst I don't measure I just cut. :)

Then use a glue stick, or double sided tape on one side and place whatever color scrapbook paper you want as your background color.

Press really hard to make it stick. 
Next: Take sand paper and sand all the edges. Don't skip this step. This will help prevent any of the paper pulling off the cardboard later on. Trust me..lesson learned.


Next you want to "ink" the edges. This will give it a worn old look.


The one of the LEFT is after sanding. The one on the RIGHT is after inking. See looks good.

Next take your cute little images and print them out and put them on black scrapbooking paper. The black really makes them pop. I also inked the edges before putting onto the black paper.


Oh my goodness do you see how cute this lil guy is. 

Ok then line them up anyway you choose and glue them down. Aren't they just adorable!!


Next comes your saying. Get out your alphabet chipboard pieces and start inking them. I used Vintage photo for all my inking. You could also paint these. NO worries if you don't have chipboard.
Use stickers.


Then line your words up and glue them on.
 I used hot glue, but you can use whatever glue works for you.
Hot glue a sodapop tab, or a string to the back and you have your autumn sign.

Mine is hanging in my down stairs bathroom. It is autumn year round. :)

If signs aren't your cup of tea, you can make a felt flower like I did. Hot glue it to a stick from the yard, and put one of these tags on it. Hey, what a great gift for a teacher! Kids are heading back to school soon.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I hope yall will take the time to make one.
Oh by the way this tag set is on sale right now for $1.00.

Until next time,
Cyn



2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a cute sign! Thanks for the tutorial! :)

beth b said...

LOVE that sign, Cyn!! It's sweet! You are so resourceful, too! Great ideas!